Thu, Dec 01, 22
5 Healthier Sweets for Special Occasions
Festive seasons and special occasions come with a lot of fun and joy. Food is the primary attraction at any event. Nothing can replace the exhilaration we get when we think about good food. We enjoy eating at parties and special events and sometimes we may be driven by guilt after a very big and scrumptious meal. What if we add something tasty but healthy to the menu? What if we replace some sweets with good , healthy and nutrient-rich snacks and delicacies? Let’s see 5 healthier snacks you can include during special events.
Dates, Dry Fruits and Nuts are some of the best snacking options that you can try for special events and occasions. Different recipes of dates like dates cake, dates and cashew combo, dates syrup, dates milkshakes etc are some of the healthier options you could try for short events and festivals. Ajfan’s Medjoul Jordan Premium Dates are the perfect option if you are looking for the best date variety. Mejdoul dates are rich in potassium and help improve the functioning of our nervous system. Mejdoul dates contain folate, pantothenic acid and niacin which helps in improving our metabolic system. Dry fruits help in lowering your cholesterol level and normalizing your blood pressure levels. Nuts contain healthy fats which helps you in maintaining your cholesterol levels and also a good source of dietary fiber. Almonds, Pista, Cashew, Walnut, etc are some of the best nuts for your health.
Dates are a good source of carbohydrates. They are rich in antioxidants and iron. For special occasions we can prepare delicious dates dishes like dates milkshake, dates cake, dates halwa, dates chocolate, dates kheer etc. There are different types of dates you can choose from. Omani dates, Mejdoul dates, Mazafati dates, Barhi dates etc are some of the options you have for your recipes. Preparation of these recipes are also simple and easy. By using dates as a natural sweetener, we can avoid the use of refinery sugar and other sugar products. Hence helps in maintaining an optimum blood sugar level.
Dates and nuts bars are so delicious and also healthy. It's filling and helps you with your hunger pangs.On an average a bar of dates and nuts mix contains 63 calories. You can even add some cardamom powder to the dates and nuts bar mix to enhance the taste. This is a healthy bar for children as well elderly people.
Fruit and nuts snack is a delicious mixture to crunch on. This mixture will keep you fuller for longer hours and will prevent you from overeating your next meal. Let's see a very simple recipe. Roast some cashews and almonds in low flame till a light brown color is formed. Take a handful of pomegranate and a few dates and mix all of these together. A yummy and simple snack is ready to eat. Pomegranate is a fruit that is low in calories but high in fiber. This along with nuts and dates is the perfect nutrition for your body.
Just like the above ones, salads are filling and keep away your cravings. A fruit based salad would be the best choice. You can make the salad with your favorite fruits and nuts and dress it with a milk based cream. Quick and easy salad is ready.
Special occasions come with a lot of happiness.. We have all your favorite nuts, dates and chocolates. Some of our premium nuts are Cashew Nut Plain, Almond (USA), Pistachios etc. We have Holy Ajwa Dates, Super Premium Afghan Figs (Anjeer) and many more. Let the happiness begin with Ajfan.
Wed, Nov 02, 22
Why Every Snacker Should Have Healthy Nuts And Seeds In Their Snackbox?
Snacking is something every one of us love. Isn’t it? Even though snacking is fun and is a form of relaxation, researchers are still understanding the science behind snacking. As per the Food and Health Survey 2020, during the Covid 19 pandemic, people younger than 35 years old, including children are shown to snack more than usual. A prefix should be added with the word ‘Snacking’ to make the word sound less scary. Now what’s that word? HEALTHY- SNACKING
ILet’s see how that word works in real life. For that let’s first understand Why we Snack? Snacking is a common trait among human beings. We tend to snack for different reasons. Snacking is motivated by pleasure, fun, relaxation, hunger, calorie replacement, cravings, and other factors. This when exceeds the limit is where the real issue begins. Sweets, sugary drinks, cookies, popcorn, icecreams, salty crunchy snacks etc are some of the popular snacking options opted by the snacker community.
Two important terms should be known to a snacker- Healthy Eating and Portion Control. Your health will gradually improve if you follow these two terms religiously. Healthy Eating means replacing your meals with protein and fiber enriched foods including your snacks and Portion Control means you watch how much is on your plate.
Healthy Snacking Benefits
- An energy boost in between meals.
- Prevents us from Overeating
- Aids in better Digestion
- Helps in Weight loss/ Weight Gain
- Better absorption of Nutrients
- Help to keep mood swings at bay.
- Helps maintain blood glucose level
- Diminishes hunger pangs
- Dates are a great option for a healthy snack. They're full of fiber and nutrients, and they can give you a boost of energy when you need it. They also help to prevent microbial infections and constipation.If you're looking for a healthy snack that will help you gain weight, Holy Ajwa Dates and Medjoul Jordan Premium Dates are a good option.
- Dry fruits and Nuts are another good option for a healthy snack. If you're looking for a healthy snack that will help you lose weight, Ajfan dry fruits combo is a great option. This mix of dates, dry fruits, and nuts is a perfect way to satisfy your hunger without overdoing it on calories.
- Almonds (Ajfan USA Badam), in particular, are a good source of protein and healthy fats. Almonds also help in lowering blood pressure. 28 grams of Almond contains 3.5 gm Fiber, 6 gms of protein, 14 gm fat. It also contains vitamin E, magnesium, manganese at 37%, 20% and 32% respectively of the Recommended Dietary Intake.
- Nut Butters are another good option if you are looking for a healthy snack. Peanut butters and Almond Butters are the popular options available in the market. One tbsp of Nut Butter contains about 94 calories.
- Seeds like pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, watermelon seeds, flax seeds etc are some of the excellent snack options if you are looking for something healthy.
How to consume snacks on a daily basis?
- One tbsp of any nut butter along with a fruit(100g) is not only healthy but also delicious. Apples are the most popular fruit to eat with nut butters.
- Consuming 5-6 soaked and peeled almonds on an empty stomach is a good start for the day.
- A small handful of nuts like pista, cashew, raisins, etc can be consumed as an evening snack along with warm cinnamon water.Nuts and seeds are a good source of protein, which is important for building and maintaining muscle mass. They’re also a good source of healthy fats, which are essential for your body and brain. Cinnamon water increases metabolism, improves digestion and reduces blood sugar level.
- As a morning snack you can consume 1 tbsp of any seed (pumpkin, watermelon, sunflower, flax). A combination of pumpkin seeds and flax seeds can be consumed in the first phase of the menstrual cycle and in the second phase you can consume a combo of sunflower seed and white sesame seed. This way of consuming helps improve estrogen levels.
- Dates can be consumed in different ways. One option is to eat plain. Another way is to eat it like a mixture with roasted cashew nuts and pomegranate seeds.
Just as the cliché goes, Healthy food means Healthy Lifestyle never goes out of style. Small changes in our lifestyle choices are always an investment in the long run. Make sure you invest in it wisely. Start today folks!
Fri, Oct 14, 22
The festival of lights is here!
Diwali is the glorious festival of lights and happiness, also known for the practice of sharing gifts with your loved ones. A diwali night is complete only when you give something with lots of love. So, in this festive season don’t forget to buy something for your loved ones! So, you might be wondering as to what you should be giving.
So, what should you give?
How about some healthy sweets or a pack of assorted dry fruits? Or good, yummy chocolates maybe? Thinking of gifting them all? Check out our yummy and delicious combo packs. At Ajfan, we strive to provide the best quality products, specially crafted to deliver good health.
What’s better than gifting your friends, family, colleagues etc with some love?
We have various types of diwali hamper boxes that you can choose from - Diwali gift hamper boxes, dry fruit combo boxes, mixed chocolate boxes etc. All our packs are the perfect gift for a family who loves to celebrate. It contains a variety of delicious dry fruits, premium nuts, quality made chocolates etc. You couldn’t ask for more!
Our Diwali hamper boxes are the highlight. We have got a bouquet of chosen dry fruits and nuts combo which is perfect for every occasion. Then comes our special Diwali combo packs. The combo packs include a variety of dry fruits and nuts such as almonds, kishmish, pistachios, cashews, walnuts, figs, apricots and so on. These hamper boxes are the perfect way to bring this traditional Indian festivity to your table. Add a touch of culture and color to your home with these delicious, healthy treats.
Apart from the dry fruits and nuts, we also have high-quality chocolates and sweets. Explore Ajfan disk chocolates, Lebanese sweets (assorted), Bhatkal Sandow Halwas and so on. Let your loved ones feel the goodness of real taste by not compromising on their health.
Now that you know what to get as a gift, let's look at where and how to get it. You can either come to our store to purchase the gifts directly or you can go to our website (ajfan.store) and look through your favorites and put them in your cart. As simple as that!
So, don’t let the waiting happen. The festival is just around the corner and oh yes! We are also just near the corner! Our team wishes you and your loved ones the best Diwali ahead.
Wed, Sep 21, 22
Dates and Nuts Slice - Ajfan Recipe
Cravings are something we might not be able to resist. When you're craving something, it's not a smart idea to eat junk food. In order to satiate your cravings, choose healthier options. You can include smaller meals in between your bigger ones. Dates, nuts, and dry fruits are all healthy alternatives to satisfy cravings. Here’s one such recipe you can try when you crave for something!
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
Total Serve : 25 slices
- Ajfan Medjoul Premium Dates- 1 ½ cup chopped and seedless
- Dry Fruits Mix - 1 1/2 cup chopped
- Condensed Milk - 4 ⅛ tbsp
- Butter - 2 tsp and some for greasing
- Premium Kashmiri Kesar/ Saffron - 10 to 16 strands
- Cardamom or Elachi Powder - A pinch
- In a non-stick pan, heat butter then add condensed milk and chopped dates. Mix it well and cook on a low to medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Take a deep bowl and transfer the dates condensed milk mixture to it and add the dry fruit mixture, saffron and cardamom powder.
- Spread aluminum foil on a clean, dry surface and grease it with butter.
- Now place the whole mixture on the end of the foil and gently roll the foil tightly.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes after sealing the sides.
- Remove the foil and cut it into small slices.
- Store in an airtight container or consume right away.
- Make sure to use a non-stick pan for cooking.
- Do not let the mixture burn,so keep it on a low to medium flame and keep on stirring.
Have fun with your craving snack and Happy Eating!
Wed, Sep 21, 22
Ajfan for Health: Healthy Protein Powder with Dry fruits and Nuts
Fitness and Nutrition are inseparable. They go hand in hand. Fitness will be effective with the right amount of Nutrition intake and vice-versa. Let’s explore one simple protein powder recipe to add to your daily consumption.
- Prep Time : 10 to 15 minutes
- Cooking time : 10 to 15 minutes
- Serving : 1 box
- Total calories : 2500 kcal
- Level : Easy
½ cup rolled oats
2 tbsp Sunflower seeds
2 tbsp sesame seeds (black)
¼ cup peanuts
½ cup milk powder (unsweetened)
- Dry Roast Ajfan Mamra almonds on a medium flame. Roast till it takes light brown.
- Now roast Cashew and Ajfan plain pistachio on a medium flame till it turns light brown.
- Roast rolled oats on a low flame and roast it till crisp.
- Now roast sunflower seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds on a low flame for less than a minute.
- Roast Chile Walnut on a medium flame till crisp.
- Now roast Organic Flax seeds on a low flame until it turn crisp
- Roast the peanuts till it turns light brown and keep aside.
- After letting the nuts cool down, blend all the nuts together along with Medjool dates.
- Now add the milk powder and mix well.
- Sieve the mix and let it cool down for a few minutes and transfer it to a airtight container
Note: You can either make ladoos out of this powder or can use it as a powder with milk. Do make sure that you roll the ladoos when it is still warm!
- Make sure not to burn the nuts while roasting and keep stirring the nuts continuously.
- Do not blend the mix when it is still hot. Wait till the mix cools off.
- Consume 1 tbsp of the mix daily for best results. If you are making ladoos, consume 1 small ladoo daily. Do not over consume.
Thu, Mar 17, 22
Why you should have dry fruits while fasting - know the amazing health benefits of dry fruits
Dried fruit is a fruit from which most of its water content has been removed by drying.
The fruit shrinks during this process, leaving a small, energy-rich dry fruit.
Raisins are the most common, followed by dates, prunes, figs, and apricots.
Other dried fruits are also available, sometimes in candy form (sugar-coated). These include mango, pineapple, cranberry, banana, and apple.
Dried fruit lasts longer than fresh fruit
Dry fruits are considered a superfood. Superfoods can be called foods that are superior to other foods in terms of their nutritional value. Even small portions of superfoods can provide ample amounts of nutrition in the form of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and protein. Usually, superfoods can be so-called because of some specific characteristics or benefits they provide, such as they can reduce certain diseases or illnesses, boost immunity, lower bp. , cholesterol sugar, and more Due to the many different health benefits and the different benefits that different types of dried fruit offer over and over again, Dried fruits, like berries and nuts, are rich in antioxidants. They are also rich in other nutrients and some dried fruits are said to have unique properties such as preventing aging, boosting intelligence, and more.
Consumption of dried fruit improves energy and stamina; also because they are high in fiber, which means better digestion and better overall health. Nuts are a great source of protein and iron, especially if you're a vegetarian. Dried fruit is also rich in calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, protein, riboflavin, vitamin ACEKB6, and zinc.
Dry fruits contain natural sugars, which are converted directly by the liver into energy very quickly compared to any other food. This energy punch is important for a fast-paced break to continue with sunset prayers. Due to fasting all day, the body is weakened, unable to immediately digest complex meals. So dry fruits are eaten to function the digestive system of the body that has been resting for many hours. Dry fruits mainly dates are also rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. These delicious fruits contain oils, calcium, sulfur, iron, potassium, phosphorus, manganese, copper, and magnesium. Therefore, consuming dates during fasting is like taking a multivitamin. Dates are high in fiber, which helps prevent constipation when eating traditional high-fiber foods.
Dried fruit contains many essential oils, protein, potassium, and calcium to help enhance your immunity. Furthermore, the presence of antioxidants in it can help you fight infections and diseases.
It helps reduce weight.
Dried fruit and nuts are fantastic for weight loss if eaten moderately. It contains a lower percentage of fat, carbohydrates, sugar, and more protein and essential oil.
Maintaining your skin is healthy and free of wrinkles.
Who wouldn't want to look cool and young? Dried fruit can help you do that and keep your skin bright and young. They are rich in essential oils and antioxidants that help your skin regenerate in good health and prevent aging. Against constipation. The dried fruit contains a large number of fibers that help to combat capture and maintain the health of the gastrointestinal system. It helps prevent cancer. Almonds and cashews are known to prevent breast cancer. They are rich in antioxidants and plant nutrients that inhibit the activity of cancer-causing cells.
Keep the heart-healthy
Dry fruits can control cholesterol levels and normalize blood pressure, especially raisins. It also reduces the risk of heart disease, stroke, etc. Bone Health Dry fruits are rich in protein, calcium, and more. Micronutrients that help maintain and strengthen bones. Fight stress and depression Dry fruits are very effective in the fight against depression and stress. It also improves brain health and memory.
fights anemia and boosts hemoglobin
Raisins and prunes are rich in iron, which in turn helps those suffering from anemia. There are essential nutrients in dry fruits such as Vitamin A, B, and K. minerals such as copper, magnesium, and iron; And unsaturated fats that help in the renewal of red blood cells and hemoglobin in the body.
Sat, Sep 04, 21
AJFAN FOR HEALTH: RECIPE - HEALTHY DATE BARS
We Introduce Ajfan for Health- Healthy Recipes for healthy Living.
AJFAN FOR HEALTH: RECIPE - HEALTHY DATE BARS INGREDIENTS
1½ tsp vanilla essence 30 ml / 2 tbsp runny tahini
37 g / 3 tbsp coconut oil 3 tbsp cocoa powder 3 tbsp maple syrup white sesame seeds, to garnish sea salt flakes, to garnish
Pit the dates and soak them in boiling water for 20 minutes. Use 250 g / 9 oz of dates if you want to use date paste (rather than maple syrup) to sweeten the chocolate layer too. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 150° C / 300° F. Place drained dates in a food processor, together with vanilla essence and tahini and process until smooth. Add 30 ml / 2 tbsp of boiling water to keep the machine going without getting jammed. Process for 5 minutes, until super smooth and a thick paste forms. If using dates for the chocolate layer, save ¼ cup of the paste for later.Stir the date / tahini mixture through the nuts and seeds mixture, ensuring it is evenly distributed throughout. You may need to use your hands to do this as the paste is thick.Spread the mixture in the paper-lined baking tin. Press the mixture down really well so that there are no gaps / air pockets and the bars hold together well. Use a piece of baking paper with a flat-bottomed glass on top to be able to pack the mixture better. Bake for about 30-40 minutes, they should be browned, no longer super soft / raw to the touch. Take out of the oven and compress the mixture again using the upside down glass trick. Then weigh it down with something heavy while the mixture is cooling down. Allow it to cool down completely before cutting or applying the topping.Melt coconut oil on a low heat, stir through cocoa powder and maple syrup Spread the chocolate layer on the cool bars, sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt flakes and refrigerate until the topping has set.
Mon, Sep 14, 20
We got you to write us your favourite dates.
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto
Sun, Sep 13, 20
The Benefits of Eating Ajwa Dates
The sweet fruit of the date palm tree, dates are popular worldwide as a superfood. These fruits are rich in essential nutrients, vitamins and fibre that provide multiple health benefits for the human body and mind. Being one of the most versatile foods, dates can be consumed fresh as they are picked from palm trees, or dried and preserved for a considerable amount of time. There are more than 600 varieties of dates with different shapes and flavours, but the Ajwa date variety is exceptionally prominent throughout the world. Ajwa date is a celebrated assortment of dates, grown exclusively in Medina, Saudi Arabia. Ranging from a dark brown to almost black colour, these dates are delightfully soft and fruity with a prune-like taste and tend to be of a dry variety.
Known as the ‘Holy date’, Ajwa dates hold a special place in Islamic tradition. Scientific research has acknowledged the significance of this fruit that provides high nutrition. Listed below are the Ajwa dates health benefits :
- Heart health– Heart attacks are becoming more and more frequent these days. Regular intake of Ajwa dates stops blood vessels from constricting, strengthens the heart and improves the functioning of the heart. Ajwa dates benefits for heart can be confirmed by the mere fact that it contains Vitamin B which assumes an imperative role in the removal of harmful levels of homocysteine in blood. Magnesium found in these dates helps in maintaining heart’s rhythm.
- Bones and teeth– This variety of dates is rich in calcium and phosphorus which in turn help in keeping the bones and teeth in sound health. Ajwa dates health benefits includes overcoming calcium deficiency. The significant amounts of minerals present in these dates make it a superfood for strengthening bones and fighting off painful ailments.
- Diabetes– Dates contain large amounts of natural sugars, such as glucose, fructose and sucrose, which immediately boost energy levels. Ajwa dates benefit for people suffering from diabetes is that it has a low Glycemic Index, which means eating Ajwa dates does not result in a significant increase in blood sugar.
- Boosts the immune system– Ajwa dates serve as an excellent antioxidant source. Selenium and other essential nutrients present in it may also be able to prevent cancer from occurring. Including Ajwa dates in your daily diet aids the body to correct the functioning of the immune system. It also helps fight off various infections and strengthens the body’s immunity.
- Pregnancy– It is perceived that Ajwa dates health benefits also extend to pregnant women. Eating Ajwa dates on a regular basis during pregnancy activates the womb muscles and helps in the womb movement at the time of delivery. These dates also minimize post-natal bleeding.
Mostly commonly consumed with Arabic coffee, Ajwa dates are a great source of fibre that benefits the digestive system. This date variety is one of the best ingredients for muscle development, brain health, and vitality. It is advisable to consume 2 to 3 dates on a daily basis early in the morning or in between meals. Ajwa dates or even dhibs can also be utilised in baking as it makes for a good sugar substitute.
Ajfan’s organic dates are packed with various nutrients and vitamins. In addition to good carbohydrates, high levels of potassium, magnesium and vitamins can also be found in Ajfan Ajwa Dates. Following an organic ethos, Ajfan cultivates gourmet dates in an optimal environment that ensures natural favour and nutritional properties.
8 Benefits of Eating Ajwa Dates (Khajoor)
- Ajwa dates benefits male infertility.
- Regulate Blood Pressure.
- Avoid Atherosclerosis.
- Reduce the Pain of childbirth.
- Prevents Abdominal cancer.
- Improve Digestive Process.
- Health of Eyes.
- Ajwa Dates Nutrition.