Sat, Sep 04, 21
AJFAN FOR HEALTH: RECIPE - HEALTHY DATE BARS
We Introduce Ajfan for Health- Healthy Recipes for healthy Living.
AJFAN FOR HEALTH: RECIPE - HEALTHY DATE BARS INGREDIENTS
1½ tsp vanilla essence 30 ml / 2 tbsp runny tahini
37 g / 3 tbsp coconut oil 3 tbsp cocoa powder 3 tbsp maple syrup white sesame seeds, to garnish sea salt flakes, to garnish
Pit the dates and soak them in boiling water for 20 minutes. Use 250 g / 9 oz of dates if you want to use date paste (rather than maple syrup) to sweeten the chocolate layer too. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 150° C / 300° F. Place drained dates in a food processor, together with vanilla essence and tahini and process until smooth. Add 30 ml / 2 tbsp of boiling water to keep the machine going without getting jammed. Process for 5 minutes, until super smooth and a thick paste forms. If using dates for the chocolate layer, save ¼ cup of the paste for later.Stir the date / tahini mixture through the nuts and seeds mixture, ensuring it is evenly distributed throughout. You may need to use your hands to do this as the paste is thick.Spread the mixture in the paper-lined baking tin. Press the mixture down really well so that there are no gaps / air pockets and the bars hold together well. Use a piece of baking paper with a flat-bottomed glass on top to be able to pack the mixture better. Bake for about 30-40 minutes, they should be browned, no longer super soft / raw to the touch. Take out of the oven and compress the mixture again using the upside down glass trick. Then weigh it down with something heavy while the mixture is cooling down. Allow it to cool down completely before cutting or applying the topping.Melt coconut oil on a low heat, stir through cocoa powder and maple syrup Spread the chocolate layer on the cool bars, sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt flakes and refrigerate until the topping has set.
Mon, Sep 14, 20
We got you to write us your favourite dates.
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto
Sun, Sep 13, 20
The Benefits of Eating Ajwa Dates
The sweet fruit of the date palm tree, dates are popular worldwide as a superfood. These fruits are rich in essential nutrients, vitamins and fibre that provide multiple health benefits for the human body and mind. Being one of the most versatile foods, dates can be consumed fresh as they are picked from palm trees, or dried and preserved for a considerable amount of time. There are more than 600 varieties of dates with different shapes and flavours, but the Ajwa date variety is exceptionally prominent throughout the world. Ajwa date is a celebrated assortment of dates, grown exclusively in Medina, Saudi Arabia. Ranging from a dark brown to almost black colour, these dates are delightfully soft and fruity with a prune-like taste and tend to be of a dry variety.
Known as the ‘Holy date’, Ajwa dates hold a special place in Islamic tradition. Scientific research has acknowledged the significance of this fruit that provides high nutrition. Listed below are the Ajwa dates health benefits :
- Heart health– Heart attacks are becoming more and more frequent these days. Regular intake of Ajwa dates stops blood vessels from constricting, strengthens the heart and improves the functioning of the heart. Ajwa dates benefits for heart can be confirmed by the mere fact that it contains Vitamin B which assumes an imperative role in the removal of harmful levels of homocysteine in blood. Magnesium found in these dates helps in maintaining heart’s rhythm.
- Bones and teeth– This variety of dates is rich in calcium and phosphorus which in turn help in keeping the bones and teeth in sound health. Ajwa dates health benefits includes overcoming calcium deficiency. The significant amounts of minerals present in these dates make it a superfood for strengthening bones and fighting off painful ailments.
- Diabetes– Dates contain large amounts of natural sugars, such as glucose, fructose and sucrose, which immediately boost energy levels. Ajwa dates benefit for people suffering from diabetes is that it has a low Glycemic Index, which means eating Ajwa dates does not result in a significant increase in blood sugar.
- Boosts the immune system– Ajwa dates serve as an excellent antioxidant source. Selenium and other essential nutrients present in it may also be able to prevent cancer from occurring. Including Ajwa dates in your daily diet aids the body to correct the functioning of the immune system. It also helps fight off various infections and strengthens the body’s immunity.
- Pregnancy– It is perceived that Ajwa dates health benefits also extend to pregnant women. Eating Ajwa dates on a regular basis during pregnancy activates the womb muscles and helps in the womb movement at the time of delivery. These dates also minimize post-natal bleeding.
Mostly commonly consumed with Arabic coffee, Ajwa dates are a great source of fibre that benefits the digestive system. This date variety is one of the best ingredients for muscle development, brain health, and vitality. It is advisable to consume 2 to 3 dates on a daily basis early in the morning or in between meals. Ajwa dates or even dhibs can also be utilised in baking as it makes for a good sugar substitute.
Ajfan’s organic dates are packed with various nutrients and vitamins. In addition to good carbohydrates, high levels of potassium, magnesium and vitamins can also be found in Ajfan Ajwa Dates. Following an organic ethos, Ajfan cultivates gourmet dates in an optimal environment that ensures natural favour and nutritional properties.
8 Benefits of Eating Ajwa Dates (Khajoor)
- Ajwa dates benefits male infertility.
- Regulate Blood Pressure.
- Avoid Atherosclerosis.
- Reduce the Pain of childbirth.
- Prevents Abdominal cancer.
- Improve Digestive Process.
- Health of Eyes.
- Ajwa Dates Nutrition.